Tuesday 27 October 2015

The Beginning of Finalising Character Designs



<--- First Design





































EDIT: Just realised this character really reminds me of Inara Serra from Firefly
_____________________________________________

ANYWAY
_____________________________________________

Started with this character design but I wanted her to be earthy and rebellious and she looked too, clean and noble? Which is what I wanted for my other character.

It was then I saw this picture of Cara Delavigne as Empress from suicide squad and I knew that was the kind of aesthetic I could add to my character to make her look more earthy. I just liked the grungy skin and messy hair (I had no desire to go any further and make my character look like Samara from "The Ring" though.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       This is how I changed my design after seeing the above image:

I like it a lot more, it has the earthy look I really wanted and still looks regal, jut a lot less clean and formal.

EDIT: As well as altering the face, I also pulled the skirt up to tie it at the waist, this looks a lot more practical. Like she needs it out the way to move. Gives the impression she maybe used to be a member of society that's recently joined another side. Clothing quickly altered to fit purpose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment