Tuesday 27 October 2015

Finalising Character Designs | Idea/Design/Test One

                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Collected together some of the things from my moodboards that would work with my art test redo to create some initial, final character designs for one of my characters.

The helmet is based on the head of a Chinese dragon and also the Nika Daniselska fashion (bone) design - oh, as well as the motorbike helmet I looked at earlier on in my post about pollution. I thought this would make a good battle helmet (frightening) but It would also be functional to protect against the pollution of the world.

I really like the side on costume, I think it works quite well, but what was supposed to be the jacket over the top of this outfit I don't think works. It looks like a variant costume design rather than a coat over the top of the first one. I think I should go back to look at some of my more coat-y silhouettes to look further into designing this.

I also want to create a coat that blends better with the helmet to create a more cohesive battle design.

In my research I found out in ancient China, military ranks were based on animals and clothing often featured animal motifs. I wanted to base this characters design on a Chinese dragon, so, I want to make the coat more bony and dragon like and intimidating. I was thinking of making my second character based on a stalk so this would contrast really well. This character would be bulky and threatening whilst the second character would be very elegant.

(these designs are also mocked up in a flat-coloured lineart-type style influenced by that use in character concept mock ups from the DA:Inquisition art book.) - shown below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment