Sunday 27 September 2015

Fashion Research | Nika Danielska


























Inspired by Organic stuff, skeletal structures, symmetry, repetitiveness, constriction, Edgar Allan Poe (Beauty and Death).

Danielska's influences seem to be very dark however, when I looked at her stuff, that wasn't really what jumped out at me. I sort of argue that her aesthetic isn't really "dark" just, more uncommon? different? I dunno.

I don't really find it creepy, on the contrary I find it very elegant. The structured, symmetrical designs I think are actually quite strong. I think there is something also quite calming in the curved shapes and symmetry.

The designs look very biomorphic and sharp, I like the way they contour the body.

I think the designs look too delicate and fragile to look truly macabre. There is something very bold and honest and forceful/robust in how the models wear the designs.

I like the idea of incorporating exo-skeletons into my otherworldly race of people, like in the Last of Us art but nowhere near as creepy. This could be combined with some of the exaggerated silhouettes shown in my fashion/traditional clothing research to create something very interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment