Monday 23 November 2015

Tonal Drawing | Front

Reference Image: From "The Last of us" art research page and referenced again in my first lineart model sheet.

From this reference pulled from my first inspiration board on "the Last of Us" artwork I tired to keep with the same realistic proportions/rendering as shown in the artwork.
I also borrowed the colour palette used in many of TLoU's tonal drawings. I think it looks a lot more interesting than your average black and white tonal art as it just adds that slight bit of colour whilst keeping the drawing very much tonal.

The shading style I sed is very different to what is shown but I did try to keep the line variation and sharp contrast between line art and "fill" colour.

 With reference to this "lighting/tone" thumbnail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment